With fierce passion and a natural talent for cooking, Chef Jinhee Lee inspires the innovative culinary creations exciting her diners and this dish does just that.
Inspired by a traditional Korean food called Gamjajeon, this Vegan Korean-Style Shredded Kennebec Potato Mozzarella Pancake is rich in flavour and crispy in texture making it the perfect comfort food dish for your menu. Plus it’s made with Vitalite Plant-Based Mozzarella Flavoured Shreds making it the perfect comfort food, vegan dish.
Koren-Style Shredded Kennebec Potato Mozzarella Pancake
> 1 ½ cup of shredded Kennebec potato
> ½ cup of julienned white onion
> ½ cup of cornstarch
> 1 teaspoon of salt
> 1 tablespoon olive oil
> ½ cup Vitalite Plant-Based Mozzarella Flavoured Shreds
Vinegar Chili Soy Dipping Sauce
> 1 tablespoon soy sauce
> 1 tablespoon sugar
> 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
> 1 teaspoon fine chili powder
> 1 handful seasonal pickled vegetables
> 1 tablespoon Viatalie Plant-Based Extra-Fine Parmesan Flavoured Shreds
For the Korean-Style Shredded Kennebec Potato Mozzarella Pancake:
- Mix all of the ingredients together to combine.
- Preheat a pan and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the potato mixture to the preheated pan.
- When one side is golden brown, flip and cook the other side until it is golden brown. Reserve for use.
For the Vinegar Chili Soy Dipping Sauce:
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Reserve for use.
- Fold the pancake in half. Top with seasonal vegetables and Vitalite Plant-Based Extra-Fine Parmesan Flavoured Shreds.
- Plate and service with chili soy dipping sauce.
Chef’s Tip: Double fry the potato pancake to add extra texture and crispiness. Be sure to cook it through and let it cool before the second fry for the best results.
To learn more head to: saputofoodservice.ca