We’re ramping up for this weekend’s Canada United – a movement to show local businesses some love. From August 28th – 30th, Canadians across the country can take part in the event – just by shopping and dining locally. This event is an opportunity for operators from coast to coast to promote their offerings, join in the fun, and speak to consumers about the importance of small and local businesses.
Participating is easy: Open your doors that weekend, put the Canada United logo up on your store windows, and check out the Small Business Kit to get started. There’s no need to register, and no charge to take part either.
How can you get involved? Here’s a few ways to get started:
- Create a post about the contest or the weekend on social
- Add Canada United stickers and GIFs to your stories on Instagram
- Download a poster or sign to hang in-store
- Use #CanadaUnited on your social media
- Get a free Canada United window decal from an RBC branch and display it in your storefront (while supplies last)
- Do something special that will get noticed, like create a unique menu item or promote a limited-time offer
You can also let your customers know that shopping with you during the 3-day weekend can earn them a chance to win one of 25 cash prizes of $10,000! Learn more at gocanadaunited.ca/win.
To learn more about how restaurants and bars are celebrating the Canada United movement, we spoke to two operators about the importance of supporting local.
Click through the links below to read the full interviews with these operators: