RC Show is back live and in person! Restaurants Canada knows that the Canadian foodservice and hospitality industry is hungry for face-to-face experiences, and as we sit on the precipice of an industry upswing, we’re here to satisfy that craving for in-person interactions and to deliver the solutions and insights needed to revive your business.
Restaurants Canada is thrilled to welcome our industry back to its conference, trade show, competition and events with the very fitting theme of REVIVAL. RC Show 2022 will be a hybrid model, being held once again in Toronto, Ontario at the Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place and virtually as well. Combining a dynamic trade show floor, an international buyers program, competitions, and networking events with live and on-demand content delivered on a world-class broadcast platform, attendees will have the opportunity to shop, taste, learn, connect and REVIVE their business.
“For more than 75 years, industry professionals have been looking to the RC Show to find the best advice, tools and expertise to help them run their businesses, and this year is no different,” says Todd Barclay, President of Restaurants Canada. “Our last live show was the most successful show to date, and the last major event before COVID-19 hit the industry. We look forward to being one of the first back with an in-person event.”— Todd Barclay
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
Restaurants Canada’s forecast for foodservice sales is nearly $80 billion in 2022. Additionally, according to the Restaurants Canada Discerning Diners Report, 89 per cent of Canadians say that they are looking forward to eating out with family and friends. Adding to this, 78 per cent of Canadians say that they are yearning for comfort food during pandemic stress and 64 per cent say that dining out will be an important part of their lifestyle post-pandemic. It’s clear that there is strong pent-up demand for dining out – but is your business prepared to meet this push from consumers?
While our industry remains hopeful during this period of recovery, we are not immune to some of the trials on the horizon. Many of our members have raised flags around labour or supply chain issues, and topics like anti-racism and sustainability remain top of mind for operators. At such a pivotal moment for restaurants, it’s fundamental that you have accurate, up-to-date insights and information from the industry leaders and pioneers paving the way.
This is the hospitality event of the year where the industry comes together under one roof. RC Show 2022 presents our industry with the opportunity to take in top class content, competitions, and the latest research insights and trends.
This is where we showcase the newest tech, food and beverage innovation, and where we bring buyers and sellers together to network at our events and do business through our matchmaking and meetings system and buyers program. If you are in the foodservice and hospitality business this is the event not to be missed.
THE ESSENTIAL CONTENT TO FUEL YOUR REVIVAL
With an overarching theme of REVIVAL, this year will deliver not-to-be-missed content that directly addresses the challenges and changes your business is facing in 2022 and beyond.
- Catch experts as they address the current labour crisis and offer solutions focusing on attracting, retaining and training staff.
- Hear from thought leaders across all sectors who will bring innovative ideas and new ways to do business to positively impact your bottom line.
- Understand how to build a positive cash flow and diversify your revenue streams.
- Listen to industry professionals speak on diversity and how we can increase inclusiveness in the foodservice community.
- Hear from authorities on mental health and addiction solutions and how to foster a positive workplace.
- Gather data-driven insights from the Restaurants Canada research team as well as exclusive research from our partners. Collect meaningful and actionable advice as they deep dive into the data to aid in your revival.
- Take in sustainability best practices, learn how waste reduction can positively affect your bottom line and discover products to assist in your sustainable journey.
- Learn about new revenue generating opportunities for your business including meal kits, retail, catering, events and food trucks.
WHAT’S NEW AND WHAT’S RETURNING:
- NEW this year, attendees can expect to find solution-based content both in-person and online.
- Exciting culinary and bar competitions will be back as will cocktail, wine, and coffee competitions showcasing the latest innovations in product, process and service.
- A fully-functional pop-up restaurant and bar will showcase innovative concepts, solutions and products to add to your business.
- An enhanced domestic and international Buyers Program that will attract global speakers and bring buyers and sellers together supported in part by a contribution from CanExport Association, a program of Global Affairs Canada.
- A simplified Match-making & Meetings System to help you make the most of your time at the Show.
- Networking at Restaurants Canada’s signature events including RC Show’s Opening Night Reception, Industry Night Out, Top to Top and Breakfast With Champions.
- NEW! A Design Pavilion to help you source and learn from the best in both beautiful and functional design trends, ideas and products.
HOW WE’RE KEEPING YOU SAFE:
Restaurants Canada is excited to bring back the energy of an in-person event and we want to assure guests that we are making all efforts to ensure safety of attendees. Here are the safety measures that will be implemented at RC Show 2022. All of the current federal, provincial and local health and safety guidelines will be strictly followed to ensure everyone’s safety including:
- Proof of vaccination for entry (medical exception letters will be accepted)
- Hand sanitizer stations at entrances, regular intervals and in high traffic areas
- One-way foot traffic in the aisles
- Physical distancing protocols and markers
- Face masks
- Food sampling safety measures
- The trade show floor is a spacious 290,000 sq ft allowing ample space to follow physical distancing guidelines.
The RC Show is happy to partner once again with Exhibition Place, the first Canadian venue to receive the GBAC Star™ Facility Accreditation. Designed to assist venues of all sizes to develop a comprehensive system of cleaning disinfection and infectious disease prevention, GBAC STAR™ helps facilities better prepare for, respond to and recover from biohazard situations like the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) keeping guests safe.
We look forward to welcoming you and your team back to a safe environment, providing you with the essential programming, an innovative Show Floor and events to revive your business! Visit rcshow.com to book a booth, buy your tickets or learn more about what you can look forward to and how to participate.