Restaurants Canada will present the 2017 Shellfish Excellence Award at the Prince Edward Island International Shellfish Festival, Sept. 14-17, 2017.
The award recognizes a restaurateur in Prince Edward Island who offers exceptional service and promotes local seafood. The winner will display superior shellfish quality standards, offer a variety of local shellfish, and promote PEI shellfish to their community and customers. In 2016, Phyllis Carr of Carr’s Oyster Bar took home the award for her commitment to quality, innovation and authenticity.
Applications must be received by Sept. 1, 2017, and will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by Restaurants Canada.
- Be a foodservice operator in Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Serve local seafood with superior quality standards
- Champion local seafood initiatives in their restaurant and community
- Offer an extensive assortment of local seafood
What does the winner of the Shellfish Excellence Award get?
The winner will receive:
- A $500 cheque for the winning restaurant, and a plaque presented by Shanna Munro, Restaurants Canada president and CEO, at the PEI International Shellfish Festival Main Stage on Sunday, Sept. 17
- A feature article in an upcoming issue of MENU magazine
- A feature post on Restaurant Canada’s blog
- The use of the award-winning seal to use on menus and marketing collateral
To register for the 2017 award and read about 2016 winner Phyllis Carr, visit the Shellfish Festival Award page.